hello, nice to meet you
My name is Isabella Cuevas Pierson and I'm a filmmaker/photographer from Bellingham Washington. Although my main focus is filmmaking.
Art allows me to communicate and interpret my experience of living. I have found the camera to be my favorite tool to do this. Through filmmaking and photography, I am able to express emotion, abstractions, and stories.
There's a quote from filmmaker David Lynch that I absolutely love and resonate with:
"Cinema is a language. It can say things—big, abstract things. And I love that about it . . . You can express a feeling and a thought that can't be conveyed any other way . . . It's devising a world, an experience, that people cannot have unless they see the film."
Making films is an honest, direct way I can share and realize what I find most meaningful and true. Through film, I want to express to others something that couldn't be conveyed any other way.
I began making films the summer before middle school and haven't stopped since. My films range from experimental to drama to comedy. My work has been accepted and won awards in multiple film festivals, including the National Film Festival for Talented Youth. My work has also been featured on online articles.
Currently, I attend the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington.
• Winner of the Bellingham Film Showcase 2014
• Official Selection for Couch Fest 2014
• Winner of the Guerilla Film Competition 2014
• Winner of the Audience Award at NFFTY 2015
• Winner of the Guerilla Film Competition 2015
• Official Selection for the All American High-school Film Festival 2015
• Official Selection for the Annual Renton BestFest 2015
• Official Selection for the Off Season Shorts Film Festival 2015
• Official Selection for the Josiah Media Festival 2016
• Official Selection for NFFTY 2016
• Semi-Finalist for the MCNY Film Festival 2016
• Official Selection for NFFTY 2017
• Winner of the SCAN|Design Foundation, Station Next Award for Festival Grant in Denmark 2017
• Official Selection for Future of Feminism Film Festival 2017
• Official Selection for CineYouth Film Festival 2018
• Winner of Best Documentary for the Four River Film Festival 2018
• Official Selection for NFFTY 2018
• Official Selection for Olympia Film Festival 2018